Friday, August 22, 2014

How It All Began: Chapter 3

  Ria skipped towards class pulling Adrienne along by the arm, Adrienne who was getting even more agitated squirmed trying to jerk her arm free.
   "OMG ADRIENNE!!!!" Ria suddenly squealed snatching the raven haired girl's school schedule "WE HAVE HOMEROOM AND 4 OTHER CLASSES TOGETHER!!!!" her voice rose in pitch with delight. Adrienne, who had wrenched her arm free, raised her eyes to the heavens Oh why me she thought horrified. Ria grinned with delight, babbling on about how they'd be besties forever and just like sisters and blah blah blah. Then it happened, the volcano erupted or perhaps the storm rolled in is a better comparison. Adrienne's electric blue eyes flashed and her voice lowered three octaves as she howled, "SHUT UUUUUUP!!!!!" A bolt of lightning flashed responding to her anger. Ria stumbled back her voice cut off and she looked at Adrienne completely emotionless. She had never been exposed to that level of anger.
    "What? Why are you so angry?" She asked taking a step back suddenly getting scared.
 The reason that Ria didn't understand why she was mad made her burst. She turned on her like a snarling, ravaging beast and yelled,
    "So you think that you can just force me to be your best friend?! Quit pulling me along thinking that I'll just do whatever you want like a lifeless robot! I'm not a toy! You can't buy OR force friendship so just LEAVE ME ALONE!"
 Ria felt like she was about to cry. She had never had any stress put on her when she grew up, and she had NEVER been yelled at, especially not that harshly. Than she burst into tears and ran down the hall and out of the school.
   Why was she yelling at me? I was just trying to be her friend! And that's when she realized that Adrienne was right. She was acting like a snob, you can't just pull someone along and make them be your best friend! I am such an idiot! Why did I do that? That was really wrong...
                      ........................................................................................
 Blake slowly opened the huge door. When they entered, they saw the whole council sitting at the large round table waiting for them. Blake suddenly wished they had came earlier. Lucy had suggested they leave earlier, but Blake had talked her into leaving later. All heads turned as they entered the large room. The leader of the council stood and said:
 "We have gathered you, Blake Millit and Lucy Abbott, here today to discuss but only one thing: Your disobedience in breaking the law."
 Blake and Lucy both looked at each other now very afraid of what was about to happen.
                        ..................................................................................
   Adrienne sighed. She didn't mean to make her cry, she just couldn't stand being dragged around and having her ear yapped off any longer.
   What am I doing? That's the first person who's ever WANTED to be friends with me. Why do I lose my temper so easily? Ugh I wish I knew the spell to turn time. No. No, Adrienne. You don't NEED any friends. But I WANT friends... NO. I'm not gonna act all pathetic about it, I don't need anyone but me, and Dad. Still.... Maybe I should apologize to her anyways...
 She turned to go find Ria when she banged right into Taylor Hill, the most popular girl in freshman year. Although, SHE didn't know that, it was only the first day of school after all.
   "OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!" She squealed,"I THINK I BROKE A NAIL!!!!!!!!"
    "Ouch! Ugggh." Adrienne said rubbing her head.
 "Watch where you're going, NERD!"
 Adrienne was slightly taken aback "Nerd?" she thought anger once again beginning to bubble up inside her. This girl was most people's definition of gorgeous and perfect. She had short blonde hair that just brushed her shoulders, large sapphire blue eyes, and her body was what most people would call perfect.

    Her blue eyes flashed evilly "YOU LITTLE GEEK!!!" she howled "I JUST HAD MY NAILS DONE!!!!!" breathing heavily her eyes narrowed into slits. Adrienne stepped forward drawing herself to her full height.
     "And who are you to come and start screaming at me?" she snarled in disgust. The blondie glared at her with pure hatred
    "MY name is Taylor Hill" she spat "And who are you emo?" Staring down at herself Adrienne thought ,slightly baffled, Emo?
                                      ..............................................................................
 Lucy choked back a sob her blue eyes filling with sadness, shock, and horror as she clung to Blake's hand. The leader of the council stared down at the two lovers "Do you deny the charges of having broken one of our most sacred laws?" Blake stared at the leader with a steel like expression "No I do not." Lucy's voice quavered as she spoke "N-Nor I" The sad woman's mind swirled into thought What will they do to us and worse to Ria and Adrienne? Blake tried for a reassuring smile but it couldn't reach his eyes. 
                                 .....................................................................................................
 Adrienne stared at herself okay so maybe she was a little on the emo looking side. She wore a black t-shirt with a lightning bolt on it,a dark blue skirt, striped black and dark blue gloves one higher than the other, black and blue stockings and combat boots. Her confusion was now turned to smoldering anger. Ria meanwhile sat huddled in corner of the homeroom crying her eyes out.
     "I-I am so stupid!" she said aloud glancing around the homeroom her tear stained eyes settling on where Taylor usually sat and on Adrienne's seat
        "Oh no." she said rising to her feet she bolted from the room. Adrienne had her fists balled and the fire in her eyes flared "You can't call me that!" A high pitched laugh escaped Taylor's mouth "Uhh yeah I can." Ria tore around the corner her long legs flying, her hair flowed out behind her.
 Rounding the corner her wild eyes focused on Adrienne
         "ADRIENNE!" she screamed, "I HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT-!" She stopped short when she saw Adrienne in front of Taylor and her girls looking like a ravaging beast. Adrienne looked so mad, Ria actually second guessed going over there.
 What am I doing? She may not be my friend, but I'm going to try to be her friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment